Pope St. John XXIII National Seminary is a Roman Catholic graduate, theological institution in Weston, Massachusetts dedicated to the preparation of men aged 30 and older for priestly ministry. Those who successfully complete the formation program are awarded the Masters in Divinity degree. The seminary especially respects and utilizes the life experiences and accomplishments of the seminarians as it prepares them for priestly ministry.
CONTROLLER (PT), POPE ST. JOHN XXIII NATIONAL SEMINARY, WESTON, MA.
Pope St. John XXIII National Seminary in Weston is looking for a part-time Controller who will be responsible for performing and managing all aspects of financial operations. These functions will include but not be limited to maintaining accounting records, creating budgets, financial reporting and audit support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, implement, and administer the financial policies and procedures of the Seminary
• Manage the day-to-day accounting including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable via QuickBooks
• Process bi-weekly payroll for both lay and religious employees through PrimePay portal.
• Process monthly religious order paychecks through Accounts Payable system.
• Process deposits as needed.
• Reconcile all bank accounts monthly
• Reconcile all income accounts per the General Ledger and to Development’s totals monthly
• Monitor investments and ensure all donor restrictions are adhered to
• Responsible for timely month-end close process and preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
• Generate budget vs actual analysis for Department Heads
• Prepare Finance Reports for the Board of Trustee meetings and present at meetings
• Meet the Finance Committee trustees
• Develop the annual and 3-year budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the department heads, the Rector, and the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees
• Create a 5-year capital project budget with the Director of Plant and the Finance Trustees
• Oversee the annual outside independent audit.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree with a foundation in accounting or finance.
• Advanced degree and/or CPA preferred
• 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management; preferably in non-profit accounting
• Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Collaborative individual with demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
• Must be organized and able to multi-task
Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org